Domestic Violence Training Certification
Take the 40-Hour Training and Help Families in Our Community
Break the Cycle of Violence!
Class in Santa Barbara
When: November 5, 6, 12, 13 and 19, 2014 (all days 8am-5pm)
Where: Saint Barbara Event Center
1205 San Antonio Creek Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93111
the registration form.
What you will learn
- Intro to Domestic Violence - Overview
- Direct Services
- Safety & Assessment
- Resources & Referrals
- Mental Health & Substance Use
- Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Teen Dating Abuse
- Profile of an Abuser
- Trauma Sensitivity Services
- Cultural Competency
- LGBTQ DV Issues
- Complex & Unique Issues
- Student DV Issues on campus
- Legal Issues & Domestic Violence
- Confidentiality & Privilege
- Putting it all together & Practice
the registration form.
- Earn 40-Hour DV Training Certification required to provide direct service in a domestic violence agency.
- Learn evidenced-based strategies for counseling and client advocacy & case management that support recovery from domestic violence.
- Increase your understanding of how domestic violence, mental health, substance abuse intersect, effective practices of trauma-sensitive & culturally competent service delivery.
- And a lot more great opportunities!
$199 per person (includes manual)
Certificate of completion will be provided for those who finish the 40 hours.
A limited number of makeup training hours will be available in the coming year.
Registration is easy
and send it by FAX or email to:
Why you should attend
- Educate local teens about healthy relationships & early warning signs of abuse.
- Directly impact the lives of domestic violence victims as a client advocate.
- Respond with police to domestic violence calls.
- Offer immediate services & support to victims on site.
- Provide child mentoring and assistance to mothers in our shelter programs.
- Support agency efforts to raise community awareness with public events & campaigns.
Who should attend
- Individuals interested in the community
- Medical personnel
- Professionals in social services agencies
- Law enforcement personnel
The fee of $199.00 includes an extensive training manual and additional materials.
Certificate of Completion will be provided
for those who finish the 40hour training only. A "limited" number of
make-up training hours will be available on-line.
For more information, please contact: